Environmentally conscious landscape design in Farmington Hills, Southfield, Novi and beyond!
In our efforts, green landscaping involves two main techniques: reducing runoff and using native and low-maintenance plant species.
Increasing Storm-Water Retention and Reducing Runoff
During a heavy downpour, hundreds of gallons of water rush down your yard and into ditches or sewers. Rather than letting this water go to waste, through smart design, we aim to recycle it into the landscape. This reduces flooding and stress on plants, allowing them to filter and purify the water. These techniques can also limit soil erosion and helps cut down on utility bills.
Proudly Serving the following communities
- Farmington Hills
- Royal Oak
How we do it:
- Using innovative surface and sub-surface drainage techniques, we re-direct water to flow into your plantings and lawn.
- We can plant “rain gardens” where water tends to settle. The plants’ extensive root systems will purify the water before it enters the water table.
- We can use plants and terracing to reduce soil erosion.
Using Native and Low-Maintenance Plant Species
There are hundreds of beautiful plant species perfectly adapted to thrive here in Michigan. We use these plants to create wonderful and healthy garden spaces. This increases the bio-diversity of the area. Furthermore, native plants are likely to be healthier, so you don’t have to use as many pesticides and won’t have to work as hard to maintain them.
How we do it:
- We test the soil pH, nutrient content, and porosity to ensure we’re putting the right plants in the right place.
- We plan the plants’ surroundings to ensure that they aren’t overcrowded by other plants or landscape features like shade, buildings, and wires.
- We fully research any problems your plants may encounter ahead of time, so we can take steps to prepare and avoid them if possible.